We’ve tested it and will be publishing a full review very soon. In the meantime, scroll down to see our photos and what others are saying about Sforno.
Sforno in pictures
Photos © Rome by Mouth
What people are saying
- “I Cento” by EDT (2018) named Sforno as the “Osti che Sorridona” and included it among their favorite 50 “Pop” or informal addresses in Rome.
- “Roma nel Piatto” by La Pecora Nera gave them a score of 5 out of 5 points for pizza in 2018.
- Puntarella Rossa (2013) says the most notable pizzas created here by Stefano Callegari are the “Cacio e Pepe” and the “Greenwich”, which both cost around 12 euro.
- The Guardian (2011) advises that you should “begin with fritti (fried starters), like suppli’ alla gricia, a fried rice ball with cured pork jowl, pecorino cheese, and black pepper, a combination inspired by a Roman pasta.”
- Katie Parla (2010) calls this “the best pizzeria in Rome,” saying it “has everything I look for in a pizzeria: amazing fritti, excellent dough, a passionate and creative pizzaiolo, enthusiastic service, a great beer list, and good desserts.”