We’ve included this among our Favorite Restaurants in Rome and will be publishing a full review very soon. In the meantime, scroll down to see our photos and what others are saying about it.
Address: Via Giovanni Antonelli, 30
Hours: Open Monday-Friday for lunch & dinner from 12:30-14:30 and 20:00-22:30. Open Saturday for dinner only from 20:00-22:30. Closed Sunday.
Telephone: +39 06 807 6839
Website Online Booking Facebook Instagram
Metamorfosi in pictures
Photos by Meg Zimbeck © Rome by Mouth
What people are saying
- Gambero Rosso (2018) has awarded Metamorfosi with 2 Forks and a numerical rating of 88/100 in 2018, 87 in 2017, 87 in 2016, 86 in 2015 (improving).
- “I Cento” by EDT ranks this as their #4 restaurant in Rome for 2018, saying that the cooking of chef Roy Caceres is growing more and more inspired over time, with stronger links to his native South America but also incorporating influences from Italy and Japan. They particularly recommend from the tasting menu “la foglia di grano,” a sort of taco made from leafy greens wrapped around raw red tuna.
- “Roma nel Piatto” by La Pecora Nera gave them a score of 9 out of 10 points (“excellent”) in 2018 and 9 points in 2017.
- “I Ristoranti d’Italia” by L’Espresso awards them 2/5 hats (“high quality”) for 2018.
- Maureen B. Fant (2017) praises chef Roy Caceres as a gifted Colombian chef doing very good creative cooking, but complains that “I personally have no patience with the current trend toward raw meat and seafood, and I must say that cuts out at least half the menu and most of the antipasti.”
- Katie Parla (2010) calls “The spaghetti Masciarelli con polvere di cozze (artisinal spaghetti from Abruzzo dusted with the powder of dehydrated mussels) “one of the best things I’ve eaten all year.”