We’ve included this among our Favorite Restaurants in Rome and will be publishing a full review very soon. In the meantime, scroll down to see our photos and what others are saying about it.
Address: Via Velletri, 39
Hours: Open Thursday to Sunday and Tuesday from 13:00-15:00 and 20:00-23:00. Open Monday from 20:00-23:00. Closed all day Wednesday and for lunch on Monday.
Telephone: +39 06 6478 1692
Website Online Booking Facebook Instagram
Marzapane in pictures
Photos by Meg Zimbeck © Rome by Mouth
What people are saying
- “I Cento” by EDT ranks this as their #24 restaurant in Rome for 2018. They call chef Alba Esteve Ruiz a sensitive chef who is able to explore her curiosity about exotic flavors and her own roots while also being perfectly at ease in Rome. They note that while the prices have gone up, the price/quality ratio remains convincing.
- Gambero Rosso (2018) has awarded Marzapane with 2 Forks and a numerical rating of 82/100 in 2018, 82 in 2017, 80 in 2016, 80 in 2015. Notably good price/quality ratio.
- “Guida ai Sapori e ai Piaceri di Roma” by La Repubblica named Alba Esteve Ruiz the “Best Young Chef” in 2018.
- “Roma nel Piatto” by La Pecora Nera gave them a score of 8- out of 10 points (“great, remarkable”) in 2018 and 7.5 points in 2017 (“good, very good”).
- The Monocle Guide to Rome (2017) says “this handsome wood-clad restaurant has refreshed Rome’s trattoria-heavy scene. An experimental but grounded approach runs through the whole menu.”
- An American in Rome (2015) calls Marzapane “affordable upscale dining” and raves about the tortellini in a potatoes with “the best morsel of roasted octopus I have ever tasted.” She recommends it for a special occasion, especially if you don’t usually like silver spoon situations. “It was by far one of my favorite dining experiences in Rome because it was welcoming and luxurious without ever making us feel in over our heads.”