Address: Via del Boschetto, 73
Hours: Open Tuesday-Saturday from 12:30-14:30 and from 19:30-23:00. Closed Sunday & Monday.
Telephone: +39 06 4891 3832
L’Asino d’Oro in pictures
What people are saying
- Gambero Rosso (2018) awarded L’Asino d’Oro with 2 gamberi (“great”) in 2018, 2 in 2017, 2 in 2016.
- “Roma nel Piatto” by La Pecora Nera gave them a score of 7+ out of 10 points (“good, very good”) in 2018 and 7 points in 2017.
- I Cento (2018) includes them among their favorite 50 “Pop” or informal addresses in Rome.
- Maureen B. Fant (2014) calls this “Creative Umbrian in the neo-chic Monti quarter. Bargain lunch menu, but no choice… On our last visit we found the antipasti tasteless, but everything else quite good, and it makes a change from the usual Roman fare—lots of flavorful sauces, for example…The paper placemats and cool lighting are part of a general effort to look hip and youthful, which I find soulless and annoying.”
- Amanda Ruggieri (2014) says “This modern, Umbrian restaurant in Monti remains one of my favorites in the center.”
- Katie Parla (2011) describes this as “Pork, offal, and sweet and sour contrasts abound and there is even some northern Lazio thrown in.”
- The Telegraph says “Sforza is a stickler for the freshest and best, and the menu changes frequently to reflect this. There’s often a sweet-and-sour note to his very personal meat, fish and vegetable creations, and his novel ways with offal are legendary.”