We’ve included this among our Favorite Restaurants in Rome and will be publishing a full review very soon. In the meantime, scroll down to see our photos and what others are saying about it.
Address: Via dei Chiavari, 4/5
Hours: Open Tuesday-Friday for both lunch & dinner from 12:45-14:45 and 19:30-23:00. Open Saturday and Monday for dinner only from 19:30-23:00. Closed Sunday.
Telephone: +39 06 686 5097
Website Facebook Instagram
Il Sanlorenzo in Pictures
Photos by Meg Zimbeck © Rome by Mouth
What people are saying
- “I Cento” by EDT ranks this as their #7 restaurant in Rome for 2018, saying that you’re sure to have a memorable fish dinner here, with product that’s guaranteed to be the best of the daily catch from the nearby ports at Anzio, Civitavecchia and Ponza. Service is attentive and there’s a small terrace outside where you can enjoy the atmosphere of central Rome.
- Gambero Rosso (2018) has awarded Il Sanlorenzo with 2 Forks and a numerical rating of 85/100 in 2018, 83 in 2017, 84 in 2016, 85 in 2015.
- “Roma nel Piatto” by La Pecora Nera gave them a score of 8.5 out of 10 points (“excellent”) in 2018 and 8.5 points in 2017.
- “I Ristoranti d’Italia” by L’Espresso awards them 2/5 hats (“high quality”) for 2018.
- Maureen B. Fant (2014) says “If you like raw fish, this is your place. And if you don’t, it’s still good but possibly less thrilling. Gourmet (but not tarted up) spaghetti alle vongole is fabulous…As upscale fish joints go, it’s a bargain, way better value (and not less good) than more famous competitors.”
- Katie Parla (2011) notes that “much of the fish comes from the pristine waters around Ponza where it is caught by a local fishing cooperative and transported to Rome as fresh as possible.”