We’ve included this among our Favorite Restaurants in Rome and will be publishing a full review very soon. In the meantime, scroll down to see our photos and what others are saying about it.
Il Goccetto in Pictures
Photos by Meg Zimbeck & Aaron Ayscough © Rome by Mouth
What people are saying
- Gambero Rosso (2018) awarded Il Goccetto with 2 bottles (“great”) in 2018, 2 in 2017, 2 in 2016.
- “Roma nel Piatto” by La Pecora Nera gave them a score of 4.5 out of 5 points for their quality of aperitivo in 2018.
- An American in Rome (2015) especially likes to come to this “tiny” wine bar in the winter. It’s dark and “the bottles are stacked high above the tables, which is one of the reasons I love this bar. Who doesn’t want to be hemmed in by that much beautiful wine?” She reminds us that they offer small bites like salumi and cheese and not full meals.
- Maureen B. Fant (2014) says “There are still plenty of places in Rome where you can grab a quiet glass of wine. Local favourites include…Il Goccetto, a cosy, wood-panelled enoteca, home to around 800 Italian and foreign wine labels.”
- Katie Parla (2009) says this is “Maybe my favorite place to drink wine in Rome. Great wines by the glass list, good atmosphere, delicious cheese selection. What more could you ask for?”