We’ve tested it and will be publishing a full review very soon. In the meantime, scroll down to see our photos and what others are saying about Flavio.
Flavio al Velavevodetto in pictures
Photos by Meg Zimbeck © Rome by Mouth
What people are saying
- Gambero Rosso (2018) awarded Flavio al Velavevodetto with only 1 gambero (“good”) in 2018, down from 3 gamberi (“excellent”) in 2017 and 3 in 2016.
- “Roma nel Piatto” by La Pecora Nera gave them a score of 7- out of 10 points (“good”) in 2018 and 7- points in 2017.
- I Cento (2018) includes them among their favorite 50 “Pop” or informal addresses in Rome.
- An American in Rome (2015) says that while you are waiting for forgotten dishes to arrive “you can always take the time to enjoy the setting and admire the amphorae behind the glass. The restaurant is built against the side of Monte Testaccio, an ancient Roman dumping ground for ceramic storage containers.” She recommends the carciofi alla giudea (fried artichoke), the pastas, and any of the offal.
- Katie Parla (2015) warns that Flavio is “on notice after a shocking number of complaints by visitors who cite miserable service and inconsistent food.” She had previously recommended it for tonnarelli cacio e pepe and polpette di bollito.