We’ve tested it and will be publishing a full review very soon. In the meantime, scroll down to see our photos and what others are saying about Pompiere.
Al Pompiere in pictures
Photos by Aaron Ayscough. All photos © Rome by Mouth.
What people are saying
- “Roma nel Piatto” by La Pecora Nera gave them a score of 6.5 out of 10 points ( “sufficient”) in 2018 and 7 points in 2017 (“good, very good”).
- Roma nel Piatto by La Pecora Nera (2014) recommends the stuffed zucchini flowers and the lamb chops with artichokes, but says this is not the place to order cacio e pepe (too dry).
- City Secrets Rome: The Essential Insider’s Guide (2011) recommends the carciofi alla Giudea and fiori fritti along with “impeccable” service.
- Revealed Rome (2010) recommends the carciofi alla Giudia (Jewish-style artichoke), which had “just the right crunch,” and the fiori di zucca ripieni (stuffed zucchini flowers), but says the place lacks atmosphere. “It felt awkwardly roomy, and with tablecloths covering the tables, a tad too elegant for the down-to-earth fare.”
- Katie Parla (2010) recommends the spaghetti alla carbonara: “the pasta was perfectly al dente, the guanciale was salty and crispy, and the eggy condiment was pleasantly light (or so I convinced myself).”